More than 25 years leading superior team members focused on over achieving results in sales, product management, advertising, marketing, operations, CRM, internet commerce, brand building and digital - internet assets.
Accomplishments and Qualifications
- Lead Samsung’s HDTV and the entire CE and HA business from $350 million to $3.5 billion dollars in five years.
- Achieved number one North America market share for Samsung Electronics within each and every category: LCD, DLP, plasma and CRT slim televisions.
- Earned the mark of “Fastest Growing Brand” four years in a row for Samsung North America by InterBrand, published by Business Week.
- Earned a distinguished executive promotion to Samsung Global Executive Corporate Officer within the Samsung Corporation in Seoul, Korea in 2006.
- Raised and delivered over $10 million dollars for children and family communities under the retail focused Four Seasons of Hope.
- Lead Viewsonic’s global display business from $650 million to $1.2 billion dollars, gaining from number fifteen in North America retail market share to number one among all retail competitors and number 2 behind Dell in alternative distribution channels.
- Lead and earned the number one market share position for PC Magazine, Computer Shopper and Windows Sources both in print and on line..
- Lead the marketing team, budget and results for Circuit City.com’s rise from $575 million to $1.1 billion dollars in two years.
Peter Weedfald is President of Gen One Ventures a sales, marketing and
brand-product consulting company. Gen One Ventures works non-exclusively and
directly for GE (General Electric) providing sales, marketing, operations,
product management and retail channel consulting insights across GE
Licensing’s family of business partners. In July of 2008, GE | General
Displays and Technologies, a joint venture between GE (General Electric) and
Tatung was formed to architect, sell, market and support GE HDTV’s and other
CE product lines globally. As President, Peter headed up all functional
operational business areas of the company globally as well as all sales,
marketing, advertising, creative and communications.
||In 2006 Mr. Weedfald served as SVP, Chief Marketing Officer, a section 16 Officer of Circuit City Corporation leading a team of 275 marketing and digital professionals. Peter oversaw all advertising, marketing, corporate research, exhibitions, trade shows, corporate communications and philanthropy, e-commerce (CircuitCity.com), credit card marketing, CRM, customer data bases and all in-store environment functions. Peter also incepted, created and matured a nationally credited marketing program titled “Firedog Across America” raising nearly one million dollars for 20 fire stations across the nation.
From 2001 through 2006 Peter lead a team of over 400 people as SVP of Sales and Marketing in North America for Samsung Electronics. In addition, Peter was one of only 500 global Samsung Corporate Officers united in responsibility for global planning and decision making, based in Seoul, South Korea. Peter oversaw all sales, marketing, product management, advertising, e-commerce, corporate communications, CRM, cause marketing and business operations for Samsung’s North America consumer electronics business. Product lines included: HDTV’s, DVD’s, digital imaging, home theater systems, MP3 players, home kitchen appliances, set top boxes and other consumer electronics products. During his entire tenure, Peter was also Samsung’s Chief Marketing Officer across all advertising and marketing assets for North America. In 2001 Peter incepted, created and matured a philanthropy program titled “The Four Seasons of Hope”, credited over six years in raising more than ten million dollars for children in need across North America and working in legal contract with national retailers Best Buy, Circuit City, Sears and CompUSA.
Prior to joining Samsung Mr. Weedfald, from 1998 to 2001 was SVP of global marketing and EVP, GMM of Internet Appliances for the ViewSonic Corporation, a worldwide provider of advanced display technology. Peter created ViewSonic’s “Journey of Hope” raising nearly a million dollars for The Starlight Children’s Foundation.
Prior to joining ViewSonic, Peter served for ten years in various executive VP, Publisher sales and marketing positions at Ziff-Davis Publishing and Ziff Davis e-Commerce including executive Publishing oversight across such leadership titles as PC Magazine, Computer Shopper, MacUser and Windows Sources magazines and web sites.
Peter is a current board member of The Guardian Angels. This global giving organization provides protection, education and funding for communities in need of safety and hope, especially for children across America and the globe. Peter also directly served and continues to support the following national giving funds collectively helping to directly raise over $10 million dollars in the past decade:
- The Boomer Esiason Foundation For Cystic Fibrosis
- The Arnold Palmer’s Children Foundation.
- The Magic Johnson Foundation
- The Dan Marino Foundation for Autism
- The Steve Young, Forever Young Foundation
- Joe Torre’s Safe At Home Foundation
- Jon Bon Jovi’s Robin Hood Foundation
- Pete Townsend and Roger Daltrey Children’s Care Foundation
- The NFL Alumni Tech For Kids Fund
- Tim McGraw and Faith Hill Children’s Fund
- Wayne Gretzky Hockey For Children In Need Fund
- FireDog Across America with Rudy Giuliani
- New York Giants Coach Coughlin’s Blue Jay Fund